The families of martyrs who heroically died in the battles for the territorial integrity of our country and people who lost their health in these battles, in accordance with the instructions of the President of Azerbaijan, are covered by a comprehensive social security system.
The head of the department for public relations and communication Fazil Talibov wrote about this on his Facebook page, Trend reports on Tuesday .
He noted that the assertions of some users of social networks that the families of martyrs and war invalids are provided only with a pension are due to their ignorance. Families of martyrs and invalids of the Karabakh war receive social benefits (pensions, benefits), and they are also covered by the following social programs:
– The heirs of the martyr are paid an insurance payment in the amount of 11,000 manat;
– War invalids are paid insurance payments (8.8 thousand manat for persons with group I disability, 6.6 thousand manat for persons with group II disability, 4.4 thousand manat for persons with group III disability).
In addition, to members of martyr families and war invalids:
– depending on the length of service, a pension or allowance is paid (on average, 400 manats);
– in addition to the insurance, part of the labor pension is paid (55-110 manats);
– monthly Presidential scholarship (210-300 manats);
– children from families of martyrs and war invalids, as well as themselves, are exempt from tuition fees;
– prosthetics and rehabilitation aids are provided free of charge;
– Once a year, free referrals for spa treatment are provided;
– they are given preference in active employment programs (self-employment, paid social work, etc.);
– for all employers (public and private) mandatory quotas are established to ensure their employment;
– for members of the martyr’s family and disabled veterans in the tax, labor and other legislation, a number of advantages are provided.
“Most importantly, the state provides apartments and private houses, as well as cars to war invalids in need of better housing conditions for the families of martyrs and invalids of the Karabakh war. Until now, this category of citizens has been provided with about nine thousand apartments and private houses, as well as about seven thousand cars. This program is being successfully implemented at present, for example, families of martyrs and war invalids receive an average of 700 manats a month, home and car insurance, as well as a one-time insurance payment. In addition, work is regularly carried out to further improve these payments and their social protection “, – said Fazil Talibov.
(Text: Tural Garadzhaev Editor: Natalia Kochneva)